So today I’ve
- Gotten up early and jetted off to Washington, D.C. for the National Association for the Education of Young Children conference.
- Not only heard Secretary of Education Arne Duncan speak but also heard him reference my state and more specifically a program at All-American Public Schools as models of early childhood education.
- Considered whether or not I might actually starve to death before eating dinner after skipping that little detail of lunch during all the travel.
- Learned that I would not starve, but that the waitress was serious when she mentioned “small plates” at the lovely restaurant we ate at tonight.
- Had dessert back at the hotel to round out my meal. Threw in an extra glass of wine as well for good measure
- Laughed with my colleagues over said wine and dessert while planning our packed conference schedule for tomorrow.
- Paid $12.95 to ensure I would not fail in the NaBloPoMo challenge due to my inability to master blogging via iPhone and having to resort to in-room Internet instead.
Not bad, not bad at all!