I am pleased to report that by exactly twelve noon, our scheduled departure time, all family members were loaded into the Suburban and we were in route to Texas, admittedly via Arby’s, but nonetheless in route.
Prior to that time, I had
- Packed for myself, Soccer Boy, and Adventure Guy
- Supervised cleaning out Suburban and loading of car, including one large cello and supplies for deep frying a turkey
- Picked up Dancer Girl from her sleepover
- Met with friend who is dog sitting to show her the ropes
- Renewed all three children’s passports (how often do we have the chance to have both parents and all three children available at the convenient hours of between 9:00 and noon or 1:00 and 3:30?)
Our trip to my hometown was uneventful. Dancer Girl slept, and Gym Girl and Soccer Boy managed to agree upon two different movies to watch without any bloodshed. We’ve also accomplished one of our goals for the trip this evening: eating good TexMex. I am stuffed!
I just snuck away long enough to get in my NaBloPoMo post for the day. Now back to my regularly scheduled visiting with my sister and brother-in-law, nieces and nephew, grandmother, and parents!